Canadian geese migrating from Wordpress to Jekyll, or South, whichever
Here’s to hoping that another platform doesn’t convince me to try out their platform. I like to think I’ve learned my lesson but we’ll see if history repeats itself.
I had an ulterior motive as part of this move, which was ‘simplification’. Through this process I:
- Deprecated 4 domain names and a few registrars
- Centralized all of my blog content to 1 spot
- Migrated my email to a custom domain w/ a 12 char email (from my old 28 char domain @gmail)
It was also pretty fun to look through some of my old blog posts and reflect a bit on why I like to blog:
- I like to solve complex problems and share the knowledge
- Writing about topics force me to ‘dive a bit deeper’ to gain more knowledge on a topic
- When I contribute something that I can’t find on the internet I feel like I contribute to the ‘global internet’
- My blog acts as a bit of a time capsule which allows me to reflect on how I’ve progressed through my career
I think I’ll kick off a personal goal for 2023 around trying to consistently ship blog posts. It’s a muscle I need to build (more ‘reps’ if you will).